The Oracle VirtualBox Guest Additions software, which is needed to use a shared folder, cut/paste, etc. does not install in the Windows 10 Technical Preview. The log file is as follows:
(1) 0 – ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
(1) 0 – Installing INF file ‘C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox Guest Additions\VBoxGuest.inf’ (Plug and Play).
(1) 0 – Looking for Model Section [VBoxGuest]…
(1) 0 – Installing devices with Id “PCI\VEN_80EE&DEV_CAFE&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00” using INF “C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\vboxguest.inf_x86_4545e3e7bdf0222f\VBoxGuest.inf”. Readmore..
This video shows Windows immediately after the install. Points:
1. How to use Windows 10 without subscribing to Microsoft Cloud
2. Windows 7 menu back, but better
3. Windows move / resize slightly different
4. Windows Add Desktop, similar to but not as isolated as Linux / Unix / Mac Workspaces
The Windows 10 Technical Preview download is at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
Microsoft has released a technical preview of their upcoming Windows 10 (1-2Q2015) which can be downloaded by the public at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso. Note that this version will stop working in 2015 and should not be used for production systems. Refer to Microsoft for other requirements and disclaimers.
Here is a video of our install of the Windows 10 Technical Preview:
May also be found on YouTube.com at http://youtu.be/9EvPsa3YdAk