This just in from IRS via Tax Statistics <email@example.com>. Citizens may subscribe to receive these notices on IRS page https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/e-news-subscriptions
A table providing data from individual income tax returns filed through July 25, 2019, for Tax Year 2018 is now available on SOI’s Tax Stats Web page. These data include selected income items, adjustments, credits, and taxes, by size of adjusted gross income (AGI). The data represent approximately 95 percent of all individual income tax returns that the IRS will process in Calendar Year 2019 and the first tax data filed under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The remaining 5 percent of returns will be primarily from taxpayers who have requested a 6-month extension by filing Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. Because taxpayers who request an extension generally have more complex finances, on average, those data will represent approximately 87 percent of the total AGI tax liability reported for all individual income tax returns filed during the year.
New tables for Individual income tax returns that contain small business income or losses for Tax Years 2015–2017 are now available on SOI’s Tax Stats Web page. These tables include income from Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business, Schedule E, Supplemental Income or Loss, and Schedule F, Profit or Loss from Farming. The information will provide more background and content from the individual business returns, including data on income items, adjustments, credits, and taxes. For 2017, over 42 million individual income tax returns had some small business income and/or losses. Although they represented a little more than a quarter (27.7 percent) of all individual tax returns filed for 2017, these returns accounted for 47.1 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI) and paid 60.4 percent of income tax. For each of the three years of data provided, the largest portion of small business income came from net partnership/S corporation income less losses.